Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What did Kay Granger do last week?  She voted for a bill that would have imposed criminal and civil penalties on doctors who perform abortions THOUGHT to based on gender of the fetus. Last time I looked, abortions are legal, but some folks just can't seem to handle that. Has anyone ever heard of a doctor performing an abortion because the mom didn't like the gender of the fetus? A Republican lady at the Romney event called me names. Shame on her. Kay also voted for $80 billion dollars for intelligence agencies. Most everyone else did too. She also received over $40 thousand dollars to vote on a pharmaceutical company bill authorizing the user fees on companies seeking approval of new brand-name and generic drugs. I'm not sure what this means. I guess it means that drug companies can charge you and me more when a new drug is introduced. I guess that's the governments way of guaranteeing the drug companies profit. What is that about? Kay also voted to appropriate $60 billion for the Veteran Affairs Dept. I don't have a problem with that, but I noticed no one seemed interested in how it was going to be funded, unlike the student loan interest rate bill that both have rejected each others bill because of the funding mechanism. There seems to be little or no common sense in Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment